Family Wealth Impact Summit (FamWIS) 2021
Entrepreneurial families are ready to invest more wealth, more efficiently to address global challenges and make this earth a better place.
The financing gap to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, which were set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015, is estimated to be about US$ 2.5 trillion per year in developing countries (UNCTAD World Investment Report, 2014).
A significant proportion of today’s private wealth is overseen by a relatively small number of families and their Single Family Offices (SFOs). Many young leaders in these families are prepared to invest their resources for purpose and profit. Yet, such leaders are often in need of organized exchange and concerted action.
FamWIS 2021 will address three key questions:
- What do we understand today about impact investing in SFOs?
- How can United Nations resources help entrepreneurial families to most efficiently engage in impact investing?
- What are exemplary investments that entrepreneurial families have been making to have a transparent and quantifiable impact?
- Participants will actively involve themselves in the summit, which will be organized as a one-day summit by means of a hybrid video-meeting (e.g. Zoom).
- The number of participants is limited to about 20, allowing for a round-table format. Each participant is expected to come from an SFO with US$ 100+ million assets under management.
- Because FamWIS 2021 is fully sponsored by the Institute for Endowment Management and Entrepreneurial Finance (IFEE), participation is free of charge. The organizing team is happy to receive applications from potential participants.