Berlin Accounting Research Group (BARG)
The Center is a founding member of the Berlin Accounting Research Group (BARG), a joint initiative of scholars from universities located in Berlin. The group organizes the Berlin Accounting Workshop biannually and various Berlin-based seminar series that regularly invite accounting scholars from Europe and around the world. The group gathers academics from the following universities:
- Center for Financial Reporting and Auditing at ESMT Berlin
- ESCP Europe
- Freie Universität Berlin
- Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Technische Universität Berlin
- University of Potsdam
- Karola Bastini, Technische Universität Berlin
- Jochen Bigus, Freie Universität Berlin
- Ulf Brüggemann, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Joachim Gassen, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Ulfert Gronewold, University of Potsdam
- Jochen Hundsdoerfer, Freie Universität Berlin
- Maik Lachmann, Technische Universität Berlin
- Nico Lehmann, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Andreas Löffler, Freie Universität Berlin
- Ralf Maiterth, Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
- Per Olsson, ESMT Berlin
- Klaus Ruhnke, Freie Universität Berlin
- Martin Schmidt, ESCP Europe
For further information, please click here.
Berlin Accounting Workshop 2019
The second issue of the Berlin Accounting Workshop took place on September 20-21, 2019. The workshop brought together scholars from around the world to discuss a selected number of academic papers in the areas of auditing, financial accounting, managerial accounting, and taxation, especially those presenting innovative ideas or methodologies. The two-day workshop featured presentations of nine papers, chosen from over 80 high-quality papers submitted, and gathered 54 participants, coming from 32 universities and 10 countries.
The Berlin Accounting Workshop takes place biannually and is a joint initiative of the institutions forming the Berlin Accounting Research Group (BARG). The second issue was supported by TRR266 Accounting for Transparency.
You can download the final workshop program here.