Family Wealth Impact Summit (FamWIS) 2021
Introducing FamWIS: Family Wealth Impact Summit
Entrepreneurial families are ready to invest more wealth, more efficiently to address global challenges and make this earth a better place.
The financing gap to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals, which were set by the United Nations General Assembly in 2015, is estimated to be about US$ 2.5 trillion per year in developing countries (UNCTAD World Investment Report, 2014).
A significant proportion of today’s private wealth is overseen by a relatively small number of families and their Single Family Offices (SFOs). Many young leaders in these families are prepared to invest their resources for purpose and profit. Yet, such leaders are often in need of organized exchange and concerted action.
FamWIS 2021 will address three key questions:
- What do we understand today about impact investing in SFOs?
- How can United Nations resources help entrepreneurial families to most efficiently engage in impact investing?
- What are exemplary investments that entrepreneurial families have been making to have a transparent and quantifiable impact?
FamWIS 2021 is supported by the Institute for Endowment Management and Entrepreneurial Finance (IFEE), an institute operated by ESMT Berlin, a non-profit private institution of higher education, accredited by AACSB, AMBA, EQUIS, and FIBAA. The IFEE and FamWIS 2021 are funded by the P & K Pühringer Foundation. Participating in FamWIS 2021 is free of charge.
- Participants will actively involve themselves in the summit, which will be organized as a one-day summit by means of a hybrid video-meeting (e.g. Zoom).
- The number of participants is limited to about 20, allowing for a round-table format. Each participant is expected to come from an SFO with US$ 100+ million assets under management.
- The organizing team is happy to receive applications from potential participants.